Biosketch: Assoc. prof. Johan Lundin
Dr. Johan Lundin was born in Göteborg, Sweden in 1975. He currently works as associate professor at the department of applied IT, faculty of IT at University of Gothenburg, and as lecturer at University West, Trollhättan. He holds a MSc in informatics (2000) and a Ph.D. in informatics (2005) from University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
Johan’s is interested in how information technology changes the conditions and possibilities for learning and knowing. He explore the technology in action, conducting empirical and design oriented studies concerned with the analysis of how IT feature in social action and interaction. He research the use of IT in educational practices, IT support for competence management at workplaces, and conduct design oriented research developing IT for learning and education. In particular he is interested in the use of mobile IT. His research have been conducted in close cooperations with several private and public organizations.
Johan has been engaged in teaching and supervision on bachelor and masters level since 2001. He has supervised bachelor, masters and PhDs theses. He regularly gives lectures to both academia and practitioners on his research.
- In 2007 Johan was appointed as one of the members in the Linneaus Center for Research on Learning, Interaction, and Mediated Communication in Contemporary Society (LinCS). Financed by the Swedish Research Council.
- In 2008 Johan was asked to coordinate a new university wide initiative on interactive learning - using IT and pedagogical methods to explore and enhance the possibilities for learning at University of Gothenburg.
- In 2011 Johan was appointed head of the division of Learning, communication and IT at the department of applied IT.
- In 2011 Johan was appointed as a board member of the teacher education board at University of Gothenburg.
- Elf, M., Rystedt, H., Lundin, J. & Krevers, S. (accepted for publication 2012). Young carers as co-designers of a web-based support system - the views of two publics. In Informatics for Health and Social Care.
- Tallvid, M., Lundin, J. & Lindström, B. (2012). Using TPACK for Analysing Teachers' Task Design: Understanding Change in a 1:1-Laptop Setting. In Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2012. (eds. Maddux, C. D. & Gibson, D.) SITE, Chesapeake, VA, USA
- Lundin, J., Svensson, L., Nordström, L. & Svanberg, P. (forthcoming 2012). Att använda IT mycket: Att använda mycket IT - en studie av lärares teknikanvändning. I "Inte utan min dator" Pedagog i uppkopplad miljö - Förhållningssätt och perspektiv (eds. Lantz, A. & Säljö, R.).
- Nordström, L. & Lundin, J. (forthcoming 2012). Vad gör studenter med sina laptops? - en explorativ studie. I "Inte utan min dator" Pedagog i uppkopplad miljö - Förhållningssätt och perspektiv (eds. Lantz, A. & Säljö, R.).
- Tallvid, M., Lundin, J. & Lindström, B. (2012). Using TPACK for Analysing Teachers' Task Design - Understanding Change in a 1:1-Laptop Setting. Fullpaper in proceedings of SITE 2012, Austin, US. (TPACK SIG Paper Awards Winner).
- Nordström, L., Svanberg, P., Lundin, J. & Svensson, L. (2011). Developing metrics for analyzing IT supported student-teacher interaction in higher education. Selected Papers of the 34th IRIS seminar.
- Nordström, L., Svanberg, P., Lundin, J. & Svensson, L. (2011) Developing Metrics for analyzing IT-supported Student-Teacher Interaction in Higher Education. Short paper presented at SITE 2011, Nashville, US.
- Pongolini, M., Lundin, J. & Svensson, L. (2011). Global Online Meetings in Virtual Teams –from Media Choice to Interaction Negotiation. Accepted for publication in the proceedings of Communities & Technologies 2011 (acceptance rate 29%). Brisbane. Australia.